Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Winter R and R

Just last week I was enjoying the warmth and hospitality of the Sandals Resort in Antigua. Getting away for a week of down time in the winter is good for the soul, renews the spirit, refreshes the mind and relaxes the body.

Although as I sit here and write this, the winds are beginning to howl outside as the temperature drop, I can still envision the warmth and the complete state of relaxation I was feeling last week. I'm going to try and hold on to that feeling as long as I can.

It certainly makes me aware of how important it is for all of us to get away from the normal stresses of life and seek out those wonderful vacation spots where one can completely relax and enjoy being alive. I try to offer to my patients tools that they can use to help improve their health and state of being. I have been remiss in suggesting vacations, but after last week, I will probably suggest to everyone who walks into my clinic that a winter vacation is in order.















No comments:

Apture

Follow my blog